I’m almost ready to leave for London and before I fly away, I want to share with you a more consistent text. This time I won’t be posting on Friday. I’ll take a very short vacation, so I want to make sure you’ll have enough to read until I come back… If you want to be kept updated, follow me on Instagram!
Everyone has a bucket list: that list of things you want to do before you die. Mine is pretty long and constantly changing. I know it can be slightly difficult to do everything on my list in my lifetime, but if unicorns exists, then I can do it! Because they do exist, don’t they?!
I included also some of the things I’ve already done (marked in pink), but have been on my bucket list before. I also tried to divide my bucket list in categories, hoping it will be more understandable…
I hope this can inspire you to write your own list and share it with me. I will also appreciate to read new ideas and all kind of advice in the comments! Also, keep an eye on this post, as I’ll update it.
- Ride a zip line ride
- Go rafting
- Dog sled
- Play a game of paintball/laser fight
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Walk a suspension bridge
- Swim with sea turtles
- Bathe an elephant
- Feed an elephant
- Climb a volcano
- Stand under a waterfall
- Adopt an elephant
- … and a unicorn
- Milk a cow
- Release baby turtles into the ocean
- Travel to New York – This has been my desire since ages! And when I went there, I loved it!
- Cross the Brooklyn Bridge – so long, but beautiful!
- Fly over the Grand Canyon – majestic!
- Go to Las Vegas – too bad I wasn’t of age yet to…
- Gamble in Las Vegas!
- See a show in Las Vegas
- Learn the Hula
- Go to Comicon
- Drive Route 66
- See sequoias
- See Mount Rushmore
- See the Niagara Falls
- Swim with the swimming pigs in the Bahamas
- Climb the Haiku Stairs – if/whenever they’ll be accessible again
- Attend mass in a megachurch
- Hear gospel at church
- Take a picture under the Cypress Tree Tunnel
- Attend the Burning Man
- See the Machu Picchu
- Walk on the High Line
- Walk in the book tunnel at The Last Bookstore in LA
- Visit a Chinese metropolis
- Visit rural China
- Relax on a beach in Thailand
- Go to South Korea
- Attend a traditional Chinese or Japanese tea ceremony
- Ride in a tuk tuk
- Swim in Kawasan Falls, Philippines
- Stay in an over-water villanin the Maldives
- Visit the Chocolate Hills in the Philippines
- Visit the Taj Mahal
- Sleep in a capsule hotel
- Attend the Holi Festival in India
- Walk the Great Wall of China (and become a real Han • 不到长城非好汉 means that you’re not a real Chinese/a real man, unless you’ve climbed the Great Wall)
- Walk through the Wisteria tunnel
- Float in the dead sea
- Visit Jerusalem
- See Hatchi’s statue
- Discover my right bra size – I did that at Victoria’s Secret in London and I’ve been much more comfortable since then!
- Start a blog
- Be listed as an organ donor – you should think about becoming an organ donor, too
- Try yoga – I took my first yoga class when I still had time (= when I was a student) and it was so nice. We were in a big park, early on a summer morning and it was a great way to start my day.
- Loop the loop on a bicycle – It hasn’t been on my bucket list until a loop was built on the mountain near where I live, that you could loop with a special bicycle. From that moment on I knew I had to try it! And I did.
- Run the Color Run – I’m still surprised I’m alive. I’m not really an athletic person…
- Ride a segway
- Find Paddington Bear – and resist the urge to take him home
- Ride in a Gondola – and witness the breaking of the oar, too!
- See the Eiffel Tower glitter at night – this is one of my happy memories.
- Swim in Blue Lagoon, Iceland
- See the Tardis – I couldn’t run away with the Doctor, though…
- Make a wish in the Trevi Fountain
- Attend a foam party – never again!
- Be on tv – I went to Rome with a group of people of my city to play on a tv game. It was a great experience and we all had so much fun! It also was the start of a new phase in my life.
- See the Cliffs of Moher – spectacular!
- Join a flash mob – so much fun!
- Attend a murder mystery dinner – amazing!
- See The Making of Harry Potter at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
- Visit Stonehenge
- See the Rakotzbrücke
- Travel on the Jacobite (and go to Hogwarts)
- Ride a hot-air balloon in Cappadocia
- See the Berlin Wall
- See the Sagrada Familia
- Buy a nice book at Shakespeare and Company in Paris – I bought Peter Pan. Splendid edition!
- See the Giant’s Causeway
- Hear the Pope speak at the Vatican – I managed to do this by chance in 2017 🙂
- Walk on the bridge over the Låtefossen Waterfall
- Visit Tjøme
- Visit the Borgund Stave Church
Enjoy the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff– update 01.01.2018: I won’t be able to do this anymore, as it has closed for good now…
- See the Sky Garden in London (read about it here)
- See the Hill of Crosses
- Visit Bruges
- Buy one book in the world’s oldest bookshop, Bertrand Books and Music in Lisbon
- Take a walk in the Heller Garden in Gardone Riviera
- See Dun Laoghaire
- Walk up the stairs of the bookstore Lello & Irmão in Porto
- Wander around Marrakech (again)
- Visit other Moroccan cities
- Visit Cape Town
- Go on a safari
- Smile with a quokka
- Relax in a natural hot spring
- Sleep in an igloo
- Write something and be published
- Create my own stationery
- Buy a house, or more likely an apartment…
- Go on a cruise
- Go on a book signing
- See a Cirque du Soleil show
- Get a fish pedicure
- Get acupuncture
- Relax in a sensory deprivation tank
- Drink at an ice bar
- Eat in a pitch black restaurant
- Saber a champagne bottle
- Learn to belly dance
Do yoga (regularly)– I was told it can be bad for my headaches, so I won’t be doing that…
- Shoot a gun (in a safe environment)
- Fly in a helicopter
- Ride in a Limousine
- Sleep on a houseboat
- Sleep in a treehouse
- See the northern lights
- Ride the Orient Express
- Own a sheep