I just took a curious test on how fast I read.
I managed to read 341 words per minute and this makes me 36% faster than the average reader. I’m sure that if I’d have the chance to try this test with an Italian text, I’d be quicker!
If I maintained this reading speed, I could read:
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll in 1 hour and 18 minutes
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum in 1 hour and 55 minutes
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling in 3 hours and 46 minutes
- Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell in 4 hours and 21 minutes
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee in 4 hours and 51 minutes
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien in 23 hours and 23 minutes
- The Bible in 38 hours and 1 minute
Unfortunately the test is only in English, but I think it’s a fun thing to try out, so here you go:
Source: Staples eReader Department
Let me know in the comment below what your results are!