No, unfortunately, it’s not me who’s going to Madrid. But I’ve been there twice and I’ve been asked to sort of organize a 4-days trip there for friends… So, why don’t share here a nice list of places you can see if you happen to be in Madrid? It will also give me the opportunity to write a bit more about some of these attractions on other posts and to tell you about my experience there! Of course, this is only a selection of all the things you could do and see in Madrid…
I won’t include museums, as I’m planning something different for this topic.
Let’s get started!
- Chamberí Station: a former underground station, now a museum.
- San Miguel Market: full of delicious food. You have to try the kiwi smoothie if you happen to be there.
- Church of San Manuel y San Benito: with the stunning cupola full of mosaic.
- Estación de Madrid Atocha: a railway station full of plants and turtles!
- Plaza Mayor: the main traditional square with the beautiful Arco de Cuchilleros.
- San Ginés library: an almost hidden gem on the corner of a tiny street.
- Almudena Cathedral: the colors!!!
- Parque del Retiro: a huge park, where you can also find the Palacio de Cristal, built in 1887 for an exhibition of the Philippines.
- Librería Bardón: selling ancient and rare books… Stunning!
- Temple of Debod: a real Egyptian temple.
- Feria de libros: all of the 2nd hand books you need.
And if you need a map, here you go!
Stay tuned for more details on these locations. Do you have other locations to suggest? Let me know in the comments!